Python 3?

• Can I upgrade python on my tingbot without breaking something?

• Core team

I think Python 3 is available on the Tingbot, but it's not supported :/ By default everything is run using Python 2, so the Python 3 environment will be pretty bare. You could try it by:

• naming the main file main instead of main.py
    • making sure that file is executable,
    • adding a 'shebang' line as the first line, specifying python 3 #!/usr/bin/python3.

However, like I say there won't be any packages in there, so you'd have to SSH into the bot and install things like Pygame for Python (which may require a compile)... it might be a lot of work!

• OK. Thanks for the info.

So here is what I am running into. When I run my application on my Mac simulator, everything runs fine. When I 'play' it on my tingbot, I am getting the following cert error:

File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ssl.py", line 788, in do_handshake                                                                                                         
      self._sslobj.do_handshake()                                                                                                                                       
    ssl.SSLError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:581)       

I am able to validate my certificates from my Mac via the emulator, but not on the tingbot. Have you run into this before?

My hypothesis is that a python upgrade may solve the problem. But I would love coming up with another option that does not require me to go "unsupported".

Looks like your connection to Python 3? was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.