Bluetooth sound

• I would like to use a bluetooth speaker to run BBC radio app and listen to BBC and others via bluetooth; do you have a recommendation how to activate blueeoth on the tingbot? I found several tutorials but not sure which exactly to follow.
    Any advice?

• Core team

It's not something I've tried myself (I use a USB sound card in my project), but after reading some tutorials I think that this one looks good - https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/bluetooth-audio-raspberry-pi-3/ - Note you'll have to SSH into the Tingbot, and instead of using Bluetooth Manager, you could try using bluetoothctl on the command line.

• Thx for the guidance

I followed these steps to pair as the blueman menu will not show up as described in your link: "Open up Blueman by going to the program menu, Preferences, and Bluetooth Manager."

hence I tried to follow these instructions

bluetooth
    sudo bluetoothctl
    • agent on
    • default-agent
    • scan on
    • pair xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (device id)

(if asked for a "PIN code" -> enter that "PIN code" on your bluetooth keyboard and press ENTER on the bluetooth keyboard)

• trust xx:xx:xx:xx:xx (if not asked for a pin code this may work too)
    • connect xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

at some point I believe I have a pairing and eventually a connection - all a bit difficult as the text I type gets overlaid ?
    but how to go from the bluetooth menu back to the BBC app without rebooting?

• and it will state [CHG] XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX connected : yes
    followed after a second by
    [CHG] XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX connected : no

testing trust as command it will state suceeded

• @tingbot did you have a chance to look into bluetooth sound?

Looks like your connection to Bluetooth sound was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.