Tingbot with EmulationStation and RetroPie

• what about recalbox?

• anways that tutorial doesnt work anymore i get a white screen after sudo reboot cant do anything... and i did everything step by step

• @xtramural Can you confirm if this tutorial still works or not? I'd love to run retro pie on the tingbot.

• Core team

@BeauSSS Good question. It's been a while since i checked out the forum posts and hadn't picked up on the issue that @A-999 had flagged up. Might be worth trying to see if you get the same issue and, if so, then we could look into this.

• I cant find any text in the /etc/rc.local file at the "Launching fbcp during boot" step. There's nothing in that file and I too have a white screen upon reboot. Not sure if I can SSH back into it and somehow add that file?

• I was able to somehow edit the rc.local file and add /usr/local/bin/fbcp & but I too get a white screen and can't do anything like A-999 said. @xtramural

• still no answer? i payed for a product that doesn't even work properly.... please hurry with a solution.

• @DJAbsyss Are you having the same issues as @A-999 and I?

• Hey there,

same problem here. White Screen after Reboot. Pls help
    Greets Tio

• Core team

@TIO @BeauSSS @A-999 Apologies for the lack of response. I'll take a look into this and try and come up with a workaround.

• Core team

I suspect the culprit(s) to be the update/upgrade process borking the Jessie Lite (Tingbot) image. Hopefully, this can be resolved.

• @xtramural Hey thanks for the response. No hurry, okay? I know you guys are a small team, so if you need us to test anything let us know. I'm not experienced at coding, but can follow step by step instructions like your thread here. I just think Retropie would be sweet on the tingbot!

• @xtramural I have the same issue here, why dont you provide the drivers for the LCD and the button, that should fix the issue, no ?

Looks like your connection to Tingbot with EmulationStation and RetroPie was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.